Specialized Ab Initio software design and implementation by experienced Ab Initio architect Andy Carr, who has carried out work for some of the biggest companies in the UK today. Andy is a creative problem solver, providing workable solutions tailored to client software/hardware platforms and with a track record of identifying, proposing and gaining acceptance of new approaches. He has spent the last 18 years bringing transactional/data-warehousing applications to market and has 15 years experience with the Ab Initio data processing tool, during which time he has developed a close working relationship with the Ab Initio software vendor.
- Full systems life cycle: project initiation, requirement specifications, business process analysis, data modelling, functional specification, physical design, build, tuning, deployment and ‘live’ support;
- Eliciting client requirements through workshops and rapid prototyping;
- Trained in Scaled Agile Framework development methodology, SAFe;
- Pragmatic management of ambiguity and uncertainty aided by real business management experience;
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Technical interviewer for Ab Initio recruitment (100+ interviews);
- Data architecture of total solution, including logical data modelling;
- Business/Functional/Technical report writer and presenter.
As a business consultant with a background in Operations Research, his roles have ranged from A/P to team/project lead and manager (non-IT). ETL platforms: Ab Initio, Netezza, Oracle, Teradata, C-tree, Websphere, MQ, XML, Web Services.